Doggie Swim Day In DC | Events
Let your four-legged friend enjoy the last days of summer at the pool!
The 4th Annual DPR Doggie Day Swim will take place on September 8 from 12p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Upshur Pool (4300 Arkansas Avenue, NW) and Francis Pool (25th & N Street, NW).
The event allows dogs to to enjoy one day of pool activities, swimming, aquatic games and is hosted by the DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR), Department of Health (DOH) and the Washington Humane Society (WHS).
DOH will be monitoring your pets health and will be offering information regarding vaccinations, dog licenses and dog park licenses. Doggie water bowls will also be available (one per owner, on a first come first serve bases) by DC Water.
The event is free for DC residents and their dogs. There is a capacity limit for the number of dogs allowed in the pool during Doggie Day Swim at one time: 75 dogs at Upshur Pool and 150 dogs at Francis Pool.
DPR released these set of rules to make sure order is maintained during the event:
- Dog handlers must be 16 years of age or older.
- Dog handlers cannot swim or enter the pool with their dogs.
- Dogs must be sociable and remain leashed while on the pool deck.
- All dogs must wear current DC dog license.
- All dogs must be current on vaccinations including rabies and distemper.
If you have any questions regarding the event call the DPR Aquatics Office at: (202) 671-1289. The event will take place rain or shine.